3.21.2012

Leftover Risotto Frittata

Last night I served a risotto with mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, and pecorino tartufo, and the kids looked at me like I served them a death sentence. As I was wrapping up the leftovers, my husband asked, "Does risotto even keep well?" "Not really," I said, but I put it in the fridge anyway... well, today I had an inspiration, and like most of my inspirations it has been done before... FRITTATA! I just barely heated some red, orange and yellow bell pepper strips so that they retained their crunch, threw a few pieces of diced Canadian bacon into the skillet, added a scoop of the leftover risotto to heat it through, and then whipped up a couple of eggs to add to the mix, topped it all with some Anglesey sea salt, and had a lunch to die for. I am not blogging this as a recipe because you could use just about any ingredient your heart desires. Fear not the leftover risotto... :)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Nice save! Sounds delicious :)